51. Learning Diplomacy by Doing Diplomacy


Last week, I had the chance to be part of a very special ceremony where perseverent young talents were the stars of the gathering.

The second graduation ceremony of more than a hundred youths trained and placed by a Tunisian partner called Education For Employment Tunisie.

This ceremony was the perfect opportunity to see that young Tunisian graduates are constantly seeking knowledge and are very committed to the capacity-building programs designed for them to give the best of themselves in their professional life.

Watching testimonials of the different beneficiaries, expressing gratitude, and showing how fruitful their learning journey was, made me more than proud of the results.

I also had the chance to meet her excellency Josephine Frantzen, the ambassador of the kingdom of the Netherlands in Tunisia, and Mr. Nasreddine Nsibi, the minister of employment and professional training in Tunisia 🤝

Representing Hivos as a pioneering organization working on the #GreenWorks program, that is mainly supporting just green transition in North Africa, through the creation of decent green jobs as well as supporting the existing jobs in the green economy market in North Africa, was a moment of extreme joy. ( I mean, you can obviously see it through my smile! 😊)

I surely felt the heavy weight of the responsibility on my shoulders when I was assigned this task but, once in the event, I really learned many techniques of how to handle such situations. 
Speaking in public in the presence of officials, controlling non-verbal language when there are many cameras (the Tunisian national TV included!), and addressing people who are very much solicited by the audience. I would have never learned what I have learned with theory only. I needed to face it, and deal with it, and it was so much fun. 

Commentaires

Posts les plus consultés de ce blog

56. Podcasts you will love

49. Nos fiançailles: tout, lui et moi

55. Retenez bien le nom de Wijden Zammit