35. Once AUIer, Always AUIer

I have been scrolling through my social media the past two days and all that I have been seeing was the pictures of Al Akhawayn University's 22nd commencement ceremony.
My friends, their friends, their families, their loved ones ...
It reminded me of myself one year ago, in the exact same place.  
Photo/ Ouejdane Sabbah

After four long years of hard labor, bitter coffees, illimited hot salty tears, tight deadlines, tough individual and group projects, tens of papers and thousands of words, a magical moment happened. 
The moment I was holding the Tunisian red beautiful flag walking through the gymnasium where the ceremony was held, where hundreds of proud parents were impatiently waiting to hear their children's names graduating and where the AUI experience was about to end for some of us.  


I could remember holding my tears in public just to avoid the panda eyes because of the mascara. 
I could see myself in 2014, as a freshman, discovering and exploring the world of academia. 
I could see myself looking for a spot in the library to submit an assignment twenty-four hours before the deadline just to avoid Turnitin.com last-minute glitches. 
I could see myself running from office to office to collect the signatures for a new semester's courses form. 
I could see myself taking selfies with my friends and best friends between building 8 and building 4 (only AUIers can relate =) )  
I could see myself editing my capstone documentary with my teammate in the photography lab. 
I could see myself taking pictures of Ifrane wearing its most beautiful white coat.
  
I was the happiest human being on this planet, and maybe the other planets! 

I was relieved by the idea of finally having a diploma that will allow me to be a strong independent woman. 

A dream can (not so easily) come true ... 


I would give anything and everything just to live that moment again and feel the same emotions over again ... 

Congratulations to all AUI graduates of class 2019!  

Commentaires

Enregistrer un commentaire

Posts les plus consultés de ce blog

56. Podcasts you will love

49. Nos fiançailles: tout, lui et moi

55. Retenez bien le nom de Wijden Zammit