18. Rest in peace, Nana

She was the prettiest woman on earth
She has been standing with me since my birth

She was a grandmother, a mother, a sister and a best friend
She hasn’t let me down until her life’s end

Her name was Kmar, I used to call her Nana
That was the first word I said, not mom, not Dad but Nana

I can still recall her smile when I tell her about my success
I can still recall her tears when I come to her and sadly confess

Her beautiful brown eyes are still in my mind
Kinder and nicer than her, I could never find

Sometimes, even my own mom was against me
She was the only one to support and stand by me

She was shining like an extremely awesome sunshine
She was the happiest person who brings joy and makes me feel fine

I can still remember the candies you gave me
Your delicious perfectly cooked meals became a part of me

Nana, I can still remember the games we used to play
Why did life suddenly take you away?

Nana, if you are somewhere in the sky and you can hear my words
I could tell you tons of poems and send them to you with millions of birds

I loved you, I love you and I’ll always love you
I don’t think I’ll feel those feelings to someone else because they’ll never be true

Nana, it’s been a year that you left us
The day you died has been, in my heart, like a knife cross

I regret every moment spent far away from you Nana,
I wish time could bring you back to me grandma’

I will never forget your cold hands, blue lips and fixed eyes
The morning I knew you were not here anymore made all my happiness fly

Now, I don’t miss you because you are still living
Yes, in my heart you are still existing

 I can’t deny your presence in my daily thoughts
I can never tell all my feelings for you because they are lots and lots

Maybe one day, I‘ll meet you again in the paradise
I know you’ve been a great person, and God will give you a high prize

I promise I’ll never forget your lessons about life
I promise I’ll cook all the meals you’ve taught to me, and as you used to tell me, to be good wife

All I want to say now is, rest in peace, Nana

Your granddaughter will never forget you, Nana 



Commentaires

Posts les plus consultés de ce blog

56. Podcasts you will love

49. Nos fiançailles: tout, lui et moi

55. Retenez bien le nom de Wijden Zammit