48. THANK YOU, Flat6Labs


The year is over, and so is my journey at Flat6Labs. For those who don't know it, allow me to walk you through the most basic elements about the company I used to work in as a Communications Officer.

Let's start by the pronunciation, it' (flat six labs) It's the "MENA's leading seed and early-stage venture capital firm, currently running the most renowned startup programs in the region. It invests in innovative and technology-driven startups enabling thousands of passionate entrepreneurs to achieve their daring ambitions and ultimately become their institutional co-founders" (source: Flat6Labs website) I joined the Flat6Labs Tunisia team with the aim of seeking new types of knowledge, looking forward to meeting new people, and discovering a whole new world, the world of tech startups, innovative ideas and concepts, how does venture capital operates, the Tunisian and regional entrepreneurship sphere ...






Indeed, when I look back at the past 11 months, I think that, with the help of my colleagues, the support of my friends and my family, I could realize many objectives such as: 

Meet the incredible team of all the Flat6Labs offices during its 10th anniversary BIG event


... and take tons of pictures in front of the pyramids






Participate in the very first edition of the #wellnesschallenge



Spend some quality time with the regional communications team (Love you guys!)  




Meet Dave Parker, Tech Entrepreneur, Investor, Board, and Advisory Board Member for dozens of companies, and have a signed copy of his most recently published book



Do a voiceover for a corporate video 



See my name on an article I wrote in a national business magazine (thanks to all the teammates who proofread it for me)



Do a food tour with Wajdi Borgi



Participate in the Ecosystem Hike with Flat6Labs and friends 



 

Moderate online and offline info sessions




Be part of several physical professional events (before the 3654th wave of Covid-sh*t) 




*not stressed at all*

Oussema Tarchouna, the graphic designer with the biggest amount of patience ever! 


I wasn't easy on myself and was constantly living with the fear of "not being good enough" for my new colleagues. Now, one year minus one month later, when I look back at all the work I have done, the lessons I have learned, the impact that this job had on me, the takeaways I am leaving with, and all the experiences I have lived with the team, I realize how much one job can change a lot in so little time, I mean... what is one year in the life of a human being (thank God I am not a cat ...) I knew amazing and inspiring people who enlightened my path and showed me the right way to go. 

Needless to say that through this whole path, I met some other people who can't be classified in the "good" category and who made me learn things the hard way, those, I thank too! I am pursuing my professional journey somewhere else, another opportunity that I am looking forward to. I can't wait to apply all of the lessons learned ... and learn new ones! This blog is my little virtual corner where I share my thoughts (and this is why I didn't bother myself a lot to name it: Pensées Sabriniennes) and I noticed that I always enjoy keeping track of each small professional experience by writing a short like this one text to remember a few memories in the years to come. 

So here is a small blog entry about my year at Flat6Labs and I am happy I shared with you. What I would really like to remember from all of this experience is that I took part in a great team (Tunisia, Egypt, Lebanon, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, and Bahrein), I had a good time getting to know some of the Tunisian young brilliant entrepreneurs and I bonded with great unforgettable souls who became very close friends of mine, they know themselves :) I am sure we will meet again ... 

Oh, before I forget... I will also miss napping in secret spots to make up for the long nights of work and waking up at 4 AM for a video shooting as well!




Happy new year! 

Commentaires

Posts les plus consultés de ce blog

56. Podcasts you will love

49. Nos fiançailles: tout, lui et moi

55. Retenez bien le nom de Wijden Zammit