21. AUI: final episode

"Hchoma" is a synonym of "shame" in Moroccan Darija...
During my last semester at Akhawayne University, I have been given the opportunity to work on a project called .. "Hch'O'ma: a documentary about the liberation of sexual discourse in Morocco
I have joined one of the pioneers in the bubble of media production at AUI. 
However, I won't mention her name for privacy reasons (others know her very well).  
Our research question was very simple: 
For those who do not speak neither French nor English, how can they get their sexual education in Moroccan Darija? 
The project is the fruit of a question that was asked between a group of educated students one day. 
The need and the duty to think about the others has pushed us to dig deeper into our research and see the causes/consequences of not being well-informed about the sexuality in general within the Moroccan society/context. 
I was honored to work on this project in the sense that I took part in most of the of the filming, directing and editing processes. 
I was merged into the Moroccan culture through the linguistic aspect and discovered that I can still learn from the interviewees as well as my Moroccan teammate. 
It was a huge challenge for me to work in a language different than Classical Arabic, French or English and also to encounter the cultural barriers sometimes.  
My capstone experience couldn't have been better but, I'm wondering what could have been the result if I did the research in Tunisia? 
Is the relationship of the Tunisian society with the concept of "3ib" the same as the Moroccan society's with "Hchouma"? 
Do people talk about sexual education in their families? in schools? 
Is it available in Tunisian Darija ...? 






Commentaires

Posts les plus consultés de ce blog

56. Podcasts you will love

49. Nos fiançailles: tout, lui et moi

55. Retenez bien le nom de Wijden Zammit