32. Thank you, Morocco

For those who don't know my story, this is the moment to share with you one of my most powerful and unforgettable life chapters:

M O R O C C O 


I first landed in the kingdom on the 27th of August 2014, wow .. this is a long time ago now!
I still remember the date because I went through many emotions at the same time:
😢sad because I was leaving my home country Tunisia,
🙋happy because I was travelling,
☺️excited because I was finally going to university.

Tunis Carthage Airport, 08/27/2014


At that time, I had a friend who helped us with the airport assistance and finding a "grand taxi" to continue our trip to Ifran, where Al Akhawayn University is located.

My mom and I were completely mesmerized by the beauty of the Moroccan landscapes we saw on our way to Ifran but also and more importantly VERY TIRED!
First selfie in Morocco


Since I come from a tiny country, I felt that travelling from Casablanca to Ifran was a trip with no end. Many many ... many hours later, we finally arrived at our hotel called "Michlifen". My mom and I took a hot shower and got ready for the next day to go to campus.

Ifran 08/2014

My journey in Morocco started by meeting one of my best friends: Nadia Ettriki.
We took the time to know each other by eating, travelling and studying together.

Our first trip together (Fes, 2014) 







Then, I explored the country ...

Fez ...

Ancient Medina of Fez, Morocco 

 Meknes...
Girls weekend in Meknes 

Casablanca...
Hassan II mosque, Casablanca, Morocco

Random beach in Casablanca

Random street in Casablanca


Tangier...
The National Film Festival in Tangier

Tangier 03/2018



Chefchaouen...
Akchour 2016


Kind women in Chefchaouen stop you and get you a traditional uniform 


Ouarzazate, Erfoud, Marrakesh ...



Remembrance to the amazing photographer, Leila El Alaoui
Marrakesh, 2015

Zip line in Terres d'Amanar 







I met new amazing friends...

The Tunisian girls squad 

Empowering Women in Middle Atlas with Mrs.Lamiae Bazir


University Channel Network club, Spring 2015


I participated in a debate in English for the first time of my life ...

Public Speaking Competition, Fall 2014. Photo: Nadia Ettriki


I enjoyed the magic snow of Ifran ... (you can also find other pictures here)



Four (long) years after my landing in Morocco, I graduated ... with a large smile!


Photo: Rym Jartouh

Photo: Maroua Lahlou




After my graduation from Al Akhawayn University, I decided to stay in Morocco for many reasons ... let's skip this part ...!

Among the "many" reasons I didn't previously state, I wanted to discover more about the Moroccan culture, life in a big Moroccan city ... life in the capital of the kingdom, life in Rabat!

Cemetery of martyrs in Rabat


It was the first time I spend my summer far away from my nuclear family and best friends in Tunisia.
I was finally living a dream that I have always had which was "living alone...with a cat"
Wifi, the always-hungry cat

"Hello. My name is Wifi and I am a cool cat" 

I integrated UN Women Maghreb Multi-Country Office as a communication intern and had the chance to work with the most brilliant, clever and dynamic people I have ever met so far!

Photo: UN Women

The most talented photographer I have ever known! Photo: UN Women

Titi ❤️Photo: UN Women

Indeed, I was part of an amazing working environment and was also carefully taken care of.




To conclude my Moroccan chapter, I can say that I met good and bad people, positive and negative students, motivating and totally mean professors, active and lazy administrators ...

I had good and bad experiences
I cried a lot,
I also laughed A LOT
I succeeded sometimes, I failed many times

But now, I am leaving this beautiful country which hosted me and taught me many ... MANY life lessons, fed me with amazing "Msemen", "khli3" and very tasty "atay b na3na3"
I hope I will come back ...

Thank you for everything, Morocco :)





  

Commentaires

Enregistrer un commentaire

Posts les plus consultés de ce blog

56. Podcasts you will love

49. Nos fiançailles: tout, lui et moi

55. Retenez bien le nom de Wijden Zammit